You are invited to attend the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Women Taking the Lead reception
on Thursday, March 19th from 5 - 7 p.m.
at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hill office (430 First Street SE)
celebrating women leaders in the Hispanic Lobbyists Association (HLA) and the Congressional Hispanic Staff Association (CHSA). This invitation is nontransferable and intended for women in senior roles or who are interested in moving up in leadership in both the government and in business.
Women Taking the Lead is a program at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce that connects and champions women leaders across all sectors of business and government.
There is great power in high-level development networks and successful leaders spend significant time strengthening and growing these professional connections. Join us at this reception to expand your community of champions!
This event is intended to comply with the reception exception to the House and Senate ethics rules.
For any questions, contact Julia Satin at firstname.lastname@example.org
About our Events
Avanza Awards: The Avanza Awards recognize trailblazers who have demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion among their staff in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors and/or leading policy priorities that advance Latino civic, social, and economic empowerment. In addition to forging a path forward in either diversity and/or policy, the Avanza Awards recipients have also served with excellence in their respective areas of expertise.
Poder Award for Congressional Leadership: The Poder Award is given to current members in both the U.S. House and Senate who demonstrate leadership in promoting diversity among their staff and across the government affairs sector.
Raices Award for Community Leadership: The Raíces award is given to an advocate in the nonprofit sector who has advanced public policy priorities and led efforts toward Latino civic, social and economic empowerment.
The Trailblazer Award: The Trailblazer award will be given to a government affairs professional or firm who has paved the way for diversity across our profession and promoted the important role of Latino professionals in the industry.
President’s Award: The President’s Award is bestowed on an individual who has demonstrated and embodied the values promoted by the Hispanic Lobbyists Association and excelled in their area of expertise.
Our Past Avanza Awards Recipients
- Poder Award for Congressional Leadership: Sen. Catherine Cortez-Masto (D-NM)
- Raices Award for Community Leadership: Pay our Interns
- Trailblazer Award: Veronica Duron, Legislative Director, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)
- President’s Award: Ivan Zapien, Partner, Hogan & Lovells LLP
- Poder Award for Congressional Leadership: Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) & Rep. Tony Cardenas (D-CA)
- Raices Award for Community Leadership: MALDEF
- The Trailblazer Award: D&P Creatives
- President’s Award: Cristina Antelo
- Poder Award for Congressional Leadership: Rep. Gene Green (D-TX) & Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX)
- Raices Award for Community Leadership: NALEO
- The Trailblazer Award: Dewey Square
- President’s Award: Angela Ramirez
- Poder Award for Congressional Leadership: Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) & Rep. Mario Diaz Balart (R-FL)
- Raices Award for Community Leadership: Voto Latino
- The Trailblazer Award: Robert Raben
- President’s Award: Jessica Herrera-Flanigan
- Poder Award for Congressional Leadership: Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-NM) & Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)
- Raices Award for Community Leadership: National Hispanic Leadership Agenda
- The Trailblazer Award: Ogilvy Government Relations
- *HLA made a contribution to the Esperanza Education Fund.